cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAP Accidentally used "record to cloud" as a basic account

acie1
Listener

I didn't know that record to cloud option is only for premium accounts so I used the "record to cloud" option to record our class' Zoom meeting because I thought my computer lacks space. I was set as host by my teacher to record the zoom and was also told to set 3 of my classmates as co-hosts. I also tried to look at the Recordings page here on my web but it just shows descriptions about cloud recording. How can I able to recover this recording? Is it saved to my cloud? Can I recover it by upgrading to a premium account? huhuhu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@acie1 

Sounds like this was your teacher's Zoom meeting and you were given host controls in that live session. Since that is the case, the cloud recording is saved to the original host's account, your teacher's. They should have the cloud recording available on their end. 

Unless they have already deleted it, it should not be lost. Just reach out to them for access to the recording. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Thomas03
Listener

I think it's not saved. Try to contact support at: https://explore.zoom.us/docs/en-us/contact.html directly as it belongs to Education and more delay can create student problems.

Thank you for the insight! Thankfully, it was saved in my teacher's cloud 🙂

Bort

@acie1 

Sounds like this was your teacher's Zoom meeting and you were given host controls in that live session. Since that is the case, the cloud recording is saved to the original host's account, your teacher's. They should have the cloud recording available on their end. 

Unless they have already deleted it, it should not be lost. Just reach out to them for access to the recording. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I have reached out to my teacher about this and she said that it was, thankfully, saved in her account. Thank you for the information! It was very helpful 😄