cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit Zoom IT admin installer doesn't work with switch to populate SSO name?

zoomquestion202
Listener

Desktop support for some users.

32-bit still works.

I'm using this line to install for both 32-bit and 64-bit Zoom client installs.  It's with the IT admin installer from the upper part of the downloads page.

Start /wait \\path\zoominstall.exe /quiet /norestart ZoomAutoUpdate="true" ZNoDesktopShortCut="true" ZSSOHOST="myorgname.zoom.us"

So it's got ZSSOHOST="myorgname.zoom.us" to prepopulate myorgname into the SSO path when any Zoom client user clicks into SSO.  I'm sure that saves a few tickets.

That works fine with 32-bit Zoom.  I just noticed it's not working on 64-bit Zoom though.  I'm assuming autoupdate is working but... If the SSO path isn't on 64-bit, maybe autoupdate isn't either.

I googled for switches but I keep finding the same pages with the switches in general.

For the Zoom installer I'm working with -- 64-bit, IT admin version, .exe, ver 5.11.7185.

I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct forum.  If there's a better one, please point me in that direction.  I thought this was a general community forum for Zoom questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

And it's later.  Maybe I was manually updating before.  There's no issue now.  64-bit manual install of an older 64-bit install, gui, so no switches.  I ran the script that uninstalls that and installs the latest Zoom Windows client using the switches above, same as the 32-bit version.  It's displaying my org in the SSO field like I'd expect. So no issue.  I must have been really off the other day.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

zoomquestion202
Listener

Duh, yeah.  That's an .msi, not an .exe.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @zoomquestion202 

Yes, this is the place to post such a question.

The available switches should work on both the 32- and 64-bit installers. I'm not sure why it would work properly for one and not the other. 

I'd recommend contacting Zoom Support, so they can help you troubleshoot a bit more in depth and figure out what is causing this, unless others on the forum know more about this issue. Perhaps @YaBoiB would know? 

Might be a bad test before.  I was checking again.  It may be that a manual install of the .msi gives it no settings.  And then using a script to update that doesn't apply the switches.   That might be something to test more.

I just used a script with an old x64 installer to get the switches installed.  That did pick up my org name in the SSO field.  I'll try updating that.

And I'll try another machine.... x64 manual install with the .msi, no switches that way.  Except my installer script uninstalls the Zoom client before doing a fresh install with switches.   I'll see in a bit....

And it's later.  Maybe I was manually updating before.  There's no issue now.  64-bit manual install of an older 64-bit install, gui, so no switches.  I ran the script that uninstalls that and installs the latest Zoom Windows client using the switches above, same as the 32-bit version.  It's displaying my org in the SSO field like I'd expect. So no issue.  I must have been really off the other day.

YaBoiB

@zoomquestion202

So glad that you got it figured out. We all have days like that. Especially at the end of the week. Let us know if you ever have any MSI/GPO or install questions in general. @Bort and I are always happy to assist. 

If we cannot solve the question for you, we have the resources and Zoom team behind us to get you the correct answers. 

Again, glad that you were able to sort this out. I understand how frustrating it can be when you are "stuck" on an issue regarding SSO. 

I hope that you have a great week! 

Warm Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?