cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Apps for Linux

ToddBfute
Listener

According to the Zoom Apps FAQ:

Is my device eligible for Zoom Apps? Which devices can I use it on?

Zoom Apps require the Zoom desktop client for Windows and MacOS. Zoom Apps are not supported on mobile devices at this time.

When will Linux be supported for Zoom apps?

Thanks

-TAB

20 REPLIES 20

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi, 

I think not yet for now.

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ToddBfute , 

In time we will make Zoom Apps available for use on Linux, but we have no ETA yet for that. 

Och! That's me, too. I work for a company building Zoom apps, but I can't use them myself. Backend stuff is all Linux. I'll have to install a whole OS in a virtual machine to see what I'm working on. 

Frankly no ETA sounds like no real plan/devotion of any resources to developing this feature - another paying customer here who may cancel his subscription. The client version is a tad higher than the current Windows version but features remain sparse compared to the Windows one.

@Bort any news on this? It's been well over a year.

I am no longer a paid user and only use Zoom because many got used to it during Covid lockdown. In truth it is NOT that necessary and there are definitely alternatives just as there are many texting apps. I don't see myself paying for Zoom in the future.

MadMartian
Listener

Ouch, I am dead in the water with my team until apps are made available to the Linux desktop client.

Marvas
Listener

I would like to use Zoom Apps on Linux too.

Rickard
Listener

As a PAYING Customer, I raised a support ticket for it ID: #13922829

Here is what I put:

As a PAYING CUSTOMER,

I want to use in Zoom meetings the "Zoom App" feature in my Linux client 5.9.6 (2225)

So that I can actually use the features I am PAYING for.

Acceptance Criteria:

• Not slowing down the support by asking for screen captures or video to explain the Zoom Apps feature which is a known standard feature in Zoom
  • Not accepting that Support and Development don't talk to each other as a reasonable reason for not progressing the issue or escalating it
  • Providing the name and contact details of the person who can prioritize this as fix with development by putting me in contact with them
  • Avoid creating a black hole for this issue, just because it's too hard for Zoom management to have proper Product Management across platforms as they have fragmented the Product - Zoom into products by platform

Let's see what happens.

chuboe
Listener

+1 for linux apps

lots0logs
Listener

Any updates on this??? Really need Zoom Apps in Linux client.

aarond
Listener

+1 , paying customer requesting Linux zoom app support. 

ska352
Listener

Yet another paying customer here speaking for a team of developers and engineering managers. We have many people on Linux and would like to receive the same support as others.

Tzvi
Listener

Also waiting for Zoom apps for Linux!

fuzzytuxedomom
Listener

+1 for another paying customer who could use Zoom apps for Linux!!!

zjohnson
Listener

Here is another paid user who wants zoom apps in Linux. Additionally Zoom Rooms in Linux would be very welcome as well.

cgalo-ir
Listener

Apps are not available on the web browser either so there is no real workaround. Losing faith in Zoom the more I use it. How can you guys not properly support your Linux client and users?

samtuke
Listener

Paid user here representing a team of 4, all needing zoom apps on Linux. All the nitetsker bots we use now depend on zoom apps (tldv, fathom) - we are having to use Google meetings instead for calls which we need to record.

Static2600
Listener

I'm also a paying customer and would like to see support for apps on linux. Thanks.

dfbarbour
Listener

I don't believe that Zoom even has an in-house development team for Linux. Certainly Linux is a very low priority for them.  As a paying Zoom Professional user, I submitted a help ticket on this and was basically ignored. I had the same non-response to inquiries about "Original Sound for Musicians", which one would have thought would be relatively to implement compared to enabling apps but continues to unavailable despite having been standard on Apple and Windows for years.