cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom recordings

portart
Newcomer
Newcomer

If you sign up for cloud recordings of your zoom meetings, does it also copy to your computer? I want to delete some from the cloud to make for more space but I want to be sure it is backed up on my computer first.

4 REPLIES 4

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hello @portart ,

Cloud recordings do not automatically save to your computer.  You would need to manually download them before you delete them from the Zoom Portal.

This can also be automated with API's if you are technical enough and want to explore that I can share some resource guides to our APIs.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

portart
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am trying to access zoom recordings but they are not being saved, only a tiny text file. Would it make more sense for me to sign up for zoom to save them for me? I need help. Is there a phone number where I can talk to a live person to fix my issues? Thank you, Jeff Lubin

RN
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @portart welcome to the community! First, I suggest looking into the knowledge base article on Finding and viewing local recordings as I believe you are referring to Local recordings, which store on your local device which differs from Cloud recordings. More info on Recording meetings locally and to the cloud

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @portart.

My recommendation, if you have or can afford a DropBox account, and have DropBox grab your Cloud Recordings... then you can safely delete your Cloud Recordings within a day or so.

See this DropBox Support article for some info:

https://help.dropbox.com/integrations/zoom 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !