cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Attendee waiting message customize

streampipemike
Listener

Is there a way to customize the message the attendees see when the webinar has not started and the practice session was set?  Can you add logos, videos, etc.?  Right now you just get a message that says "Please Wait.  The webinar will begin soon.  Start Time and title of the Webinar and a Test My Speaker"   

6 REPLIES 6

AnnikaZoom
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

It is not possible to change this text/experience. 

A best practice is to start the webinar a little early, and run a slide show with interesting information while you wait for the attendees to arrive. 

Karen19
Listener

It is really awkward to do this. Hosts and Panelists have to turn off their cameras and microphones and the whole thing has to be orchestrated so that when the Host begins talking there are enough people in the Webinar that it makes sense to begin talking. Are there plans to make this more user friendly?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Karen19.

I’m not understanding what difficulty you’re having, or what functionality you're hoping to get.  A Webinar is closed to attendees until a host/cohost clicks the Start Webinar button. If you are planning to wait a few minutes before starting your session while attendees join and “get settled in,” my recommendation is to toss up a slide or screen share an interesting video for 2-3 minutes before the lead speaker/moderator begins to speak. Simply have all panelists video off and set Attendee View to Standard, and only the screen share will be seen by attendees.

When ready to begin, stop sharing, have panelists start video, set Attendee View to Speaker (or if continuing a Screen Share, Side-by-Side Speaker), and Spotlight the people who should be seen by the audience. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

streampipemike
Listener

I get what you are saying.  But what if you have your group of presenters that want to go over the content before they start, or on presenter is running late.  If you start the Webinar and let attendees in, you no longer can test audio for presenters, they can't discuss anything since that audio will go out.  I run zoom Webinars with 15 presenters, it's like herding cats.  We are testing right up until the last second.   

Frank_TB

Hi, 

Zoom events  have a back stage green room, but it requires the enhanced licence.

Webinar Backstage provides another area that runs before, during, and after a webinar for webinar host, co-hosts, and panelists to be when not actively presenting in the webinar. Panelists can enter this backstage or “green room” before the webinar begins and even multiple times during a webinar.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4710061514381-Using-Webinar-Backstage 

Ray’s approach combined with backstage should give you the flexibility you are looking for to let late panelists in and test without the attendees seeing anything weird.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @streampipemike!  @Frank_TB has the right idea, if you’re willing to pay a little extra. 

You can get Zoom Events Pay Per Attendee 50 license for $125 USD, good for a year. If you assign that license to yourself, you can use Backstage as a “Green Room”. I’ll send you a PM shortly with some info. (Looks like you might have PMs turned off. Reach out if you’d like a quick demo of Backstage.)

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !