cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Account Functions

wisamnebil
Listener

Hi, 

I have A Zoom webinar that will be for up to 500 hundred users. I need when starting the webinar that only those people who have paid the subscription to the course be able to join the webinar. So, I need to know first:

- Which license should I buy? 

- I need to double-check with something that is: to allow only users who paid to get into the system,

- I first have to enable registration, and then enable authentication and disable automatic approval, and then from my account as a " owner role" allow people who have registered to log into this webinar. Are these steps correct? 

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there @wisamnebil 

Let's go through these one by one: 

1. If you need to host a webinar with 500 attendees, you will need the Webinar 500 add-on, which allows for exactly 500 webinar attendees. 
  2. If you're charging a fee for attending your webinar, there are a few options available, but I'll detail the main 2 options: 
    1. Set up the webinar registration to require a fee, which requires you to use PayPal as the payment system. This option doesn't require you to use manual approval, unless you also want to strictly control who is approved, and is overall a bit smoother. 
    2. Set up manual registration approval and require payment through another system. This would get tricky, as you would need to compare those who paid with those pending registration approval, in order to determine who to approve and who still hasn't paid yet. 
  3. Yes, overall you would purchase the webinar license, assign it to the user hosting the webinar (likely you), schedule the webinar with registration, possibly set up the Paypal integration, and share the registration page with others.

One last note: if you want to ensure that the person that registers (and paid the fee) is the user that joins the webinar, I'd suggest the following tweaks when scheduling the webinar: 

• Set up an authentication profile with the Signed in to account associated with invited email option selected. 
  • Require authentication for the webinar you scheduled (done as part of the scheduling process), choosing the authentication profile created above. 

These tweaks will ensure that the person that registers for the webinar has to register with the same email address as the Zoom account they join the webinar with, ensuring they cannot easily register and share with others. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.