cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of fields in Spanish

MJPeral
Listener

The Spanish translation of the platform is not accurate. The field "Speakers" has been translated as "Hablantes". This is not correct and it should read as either Oradores or Ponentes.

17 REPLIES 17

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will bring this up with the Product team and see if we can get this resolved. Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the location(s) of this word so that I can make sure that we fix this properly?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

Hello @MJPeral

Are you referring to "speakers" as in the speaker view and the gallery view? 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon, 

Thanks for your help. The word appears here and the translation is not accurate in Spanish (from Spain). We call it oradores or better "ponentes"

MJPeral_0-1648141989462.png

MJPeral_1-1648142017039.png

YaBoiB

Hello @MJPeral

I apologize but how is that relevant to the Zoom Application or meeting client? Is this part of the invitation to an event or webinar? I am sorry but I am not following how the translation is not occurring properly on a Zoom software functionality?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB 

This is relevant not in the part of functionality as the options does work, regardless of the translation displayed. However when it comes to the overall information of a webinar, the way the info is displayed in the landing page/registration page Zooom creates, it is not correct to use the word Hablantes as the Spanish version of Speakers. Hablantes is someone that speaks a specific language whereas Speakers heres refers to the people presenting during the online seminar. User experience along with brand reputation is not right to this respect. Thanks for your time.

YaBoiB

Hello @MJPeral

I believe that the reasoning for this translation has to do with the masculine and feminine meaning of the word as listed in Google translate https://translate.google.com/?sl=en&tl=es&text=speaker&op=translate so we choose to use the more generic meaning of the word. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi @YaBoiB,

I have the same problem as @MJPeralthe translation of speakers on the registration landing page is not correct. It should be "Ponentes". It's not a problem of masculine or feminine as you mentioned, it's not the correct translation of the word and it sound very weird. Could it be fixed?

Many thanks!

YaBoiB

@Gabriela_Mata

Hello, let me look into this. I will get back to you when I can find some information on why we have this addressed that way in the registration page. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Many thanks! 🙂

YaBoiB

Hello @Gabriela_Mata

I looked up in Google Translate and the word literally means speaker according to google. I believe that this is the reason that we use that word. We have to use the general term for the word. If you think that this is still an error on our part, I suggest that you submit a support ticket to our Technical Support Engineers and they can work that ticket to a resolution. 

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon,

That's the reason why people use to hire translators, because sometimes these translator tools give you the literally translate but it's not the correct one. As you know, the language is very rich 🙂

I will submit a support ticket.

Thanks,

Hi @YaBoiB,

That's the reason why people use to hire translators, because sometimes these translator tools give you the literally translate but it's not the correct one. As you know, the language is very rich 🙂

I will submit a support ticket.

Thanks,

YaBoiB

@Gabriela_Mata

I understand what you are saying, but I am saying that we (Zoom) must use the generic translation. I have talked to our people about this topic before. See above. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Please check with other translator. The generic can be "oradores" or ponentes but never "hablantes".

Hablantes means "speakers of a specific language" not people giving a speach or delivering a webinar.

MJPeral_0-1681906248042.png

MJPeral_1-1681906261661.png

chas_spaulding
Listener

how can I change how they do time in Spanish 

chas_spaulding
Listener
¿Cómo puedo cambiar la forma en que hacen el tiempo en español?

LFNC_Comm
Listener

Hello

We have a sentence that is translated incorrectly - in English it says: Register in advance for this webinar

It is translated into Spanish: Inscríbase en la fecha y horario que más le convengan:

which translates to : Sign up on the date and time that is more convinces for you:

This is confusing as we only have 1 day and time.  Can it be changed to the sentence below?

Regístrese con anticipación para este seminario web.

Thank you!