cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Audio - does it apply to mobile or tablets?

SebBrantigan
Listener

Hi all, hopefully an easy question.

I basically want to disable dial ins on Zoom Meetings and Webinars. Only giving the option to join via Zoom to see the screen etc.

If I switch the setting to Computer Audio does this mean that mobile/tablets will not be able to join? It isn't made clear in this article to me. I don't want to stop mobile/tablet users from getting onto a Zoom and make it computer only. I want all devices to join to hear AND see - I assume Computer Audio allows all devices? If so, shouldn't it be named Device Audio as we are truly in a mobile world?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061128131-Enabling-audio-type

Many thanks!

Spoiler

1 REPLY 1

DanaCSM
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey SebBrantigan,

great question here! So essentially we are refering to Audio Types as the following here:

• Telephone and Computer Audio: Participants can join by telephone or by using their computer's microphone/speaker or headset.
  • Telephone: Participants can only join by telephone.
  • Computer Audio: Participants can only join by using their computer's microphone/speaker or headset.
  • 3rd Party Audio (only visible if you have 3rd party audio😞 Require that all participants follow the instructions you provide for using non-Zoom audio.

So for your specific example we'd recommend setting up your Audio Settings for your Meetings/Webinars as Computer Audio only. this will ensure they are only using VOIP (Voice over IP).

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dana