cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Zoom EU VAT ID? --> required for accounting

tamasbalogh95
Newcomer
Newcomer

The VAT was reverse charged for my company but I still need the actual VAT ID. 
In the help section, I didn't find any specification AND it is not present on the invoice.
`
Does Zoom have a VAT ID number? Zoom does not have a VAT registration in each individual EU Member State. Instead Zoom is registered for VAT through the non-Union Mini One Stop Shop (‘MOSS’) in the EU. The non-Union MOSS scheme is a simplification available for taxable persons that are not established in the EU, to collect and remit VAT on supplies of telecommunications and/or electronically supplied services made to non-business customers in EU Members States. The MOSS scheme allows suppliers of telecommunications and/or electronically supplied services to non-business customers to avoid registering individually in each EU Member State. Zoom has selected its country of identification for MOSS purposes as the Netherlands.
`

1 REPLY 1

LuckyLuck
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is an answer in 2024. The MOSS scheme has been discontinued since 2021!! It is replaced by OSS (One Stop Shop). You can only use it for services to non-business customers.

So what do you do with your business customers?
The answer ignores the main question: "What is Zoom EU VAT ID?"
As stated in the question: "The VAT was reverse charged for my company", which already implies that the invoice company must have a VAT number, even for the MOSS and now OSS you need one as you have to pay taxes (only in a simplified manner) and for paying you need to be VAT id registered. It's as simple as that.

So update the answer as this is old and not helpful at all.