cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overages

FinEx
Listener

We feel totally RIPPED OFF by the Zoom sales team. Early in the year we were urged to pay $350 per month to cover possible extra phone charges that we may encounter. (known as Overages) Stupidly we took up the option, and then when we realised in July that we didn't need it, we went to cancel it.

We were told it was a 6 month term and to come back in October. We did, albeit in early November, and now we are told that because I didn't give 30 days' notice in September we now have it for another 6 months. This is despite us telling our account rep that we no longer wanted this Overages charge.

This is just deceptive and misleading trickery, and it is so disappointing that it would be from a global brand such as Zoom. We only went with Zoom for our telecommunications because we thought Zoom didn't behave like this.... well until now.

We want this Overages charge removed from our bills immediately. We don't want it, and we don't use it. But we are told we are stuck with it for another 6 months, all because I missed some secret renewal deadline.   Can anyone offer any advice?

1 REPLY 1

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @FinEx I'm very sorry to hear that this renewal has been such a frustrating experience! Although we cannot help with billing matters directly since this is a public forum, I do see the prior contacts that you had with our renewals team and I have submitted a request to escalate this matter. A supervisor will review and follow up with you via email as soon as possible.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?