cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User with a license - access process?

Jewels007
Listener

Hi,

I've just added a new user to my account so my account can run two meetings concurrently.  They've received the invite by email and I can see they are no longer 'pending' as a user.  My question is this:

1. Do they need to be a member or an admin?

2. How do they login to the Zoom account?  With the original email address and password or they own personal email address and the original password?

I just need to understand HOW this will work, so that we don't throw eachother out of our meetings please.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Jewels007 

If your new user received the invitation to join your account, and if you no longer see them as Pending, that means they have followed the sign-in instructions and will have already set their own password - presumably with their own email addresses.

They will use that username and password to login. Not yours.

They just need to be a Member to use meeting features. They only need to be an Admin if you want them to be able to access the administrative controls on your account - master settings, like security, billing etc. 

For you and the new user to both run meeting, the new user will also need a paid-license under your account. If you have already purchased one, you may just want to also ensure it has been assigned to the new user, You can do this here: https://zoom.us/account/user#/ Each user should say "Licensed".

Hope this helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert

Hi @Jewels007 

If your new user received the invitation to join your account, and if you no longer see them as Pending, that means they have followed the sign-in instructions and will have already set their own password - presumably with their own email addresses.

They will use that username and password to login. Not yours.

They just need to be a Member to use meeting features. They only need to be an Admin if you want them to be able to access the administrative controls on your account - master settings, like security, billing etc. 

For you and the new user to both run meeting, the new user will also need a paid-license under your account. If you have already purchased one, you may just want to also ensure it has been assigned to the new user, You can do this here: https://zoom.us/account/user#/ Each user should say "Licensed".

Hope this helps.

Rupert

Thank you Rupert.  I have done this and can see licenced next to the new member.  But, the new member hasn't received the email to join and set a password.  I have deleted him and tried again...is this the best way to sort this?

Thanks.

Jewels007
Listener

All sorted!  thanks Rupert!