cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple licenses on the same laptop

CaseyDee
Listener

I have a pro account installed on my laptop, but my employer is requiring that I use a license owned by the company for certain purposes.  Can I install both licenses on my laptop and switch between them?

2 REPLIES 2

AdrianPatiño
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi, if your licenses are in a different email account, it's just a matter of logging in with the different accounts, whether personal or company, you shouldn't have any problems using them on the same laptop

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @CaseyDee!

@AdrianPatiño's comment is correct... I toggle between my own company accounts and client accounts on occasion.

But note also that you can log into the Zoom desktop app on one account and onto the Zoom Web Portal in another account.  Just be aware that any link you click in an email or calendar will most likely launch the Zoom Meeting/Webinar using the Zoom Web Portal credentials.  The Desktop App credentials will only be used if you click something from the Zoom  app's Meeting list, or if launching a Zoom session with Contacts in the Zoom app.

Another trick I use on occasion: I launch an "InPrivate" window in Edge (you can use other "private" windows in other browsers) to log into yet another account.  This third set of Zoom credentials "expires" when you leave the InPrivate session. Sometimes a client asks me to check out something in their organizational account Admin settings, and I pop into an InPrivate session, use my password app to fill in the credentials, and BOOM I'm there... check things out, and usually I'll "log out" of Zoom before closing the session.  (On occasion I find that InPrivate windows remain available and I inadvertently re-attach to a previous InPrivate window, which does remember the credentials filled in.)

Logging into 3 places -- the Zoom desktop, the Zoom Web Portal, and then also in an InPrivate window -- can be a little confusing, especially when you click a link somewhere, expecting Zoom to launch with a set of credentials that turns out not to be the one you were expecting.  Just keep in mind that the context of where the link is located (desktop app, regular browser window, InPrivate window) determines which credentials are used to "launch" Zoom.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !