cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterClass Discount

HRGalli
Listener

Received an email with an offer to subscribe to MasterClass for 70% off.  The plan mentioned is "MasterClass - Individual (12-months) for $35, normally $120. 

There is no "individual" subscription in MasterClass, only Standard, Plus, and Premium.  None of the values match those subscription plans either.  Standard is $6/mo ($72); Plus is $15/mo ($180); Premium is $20/mo ($240).  

So what exactly would I be getting if I subscribed through Zoom?

30 REPLIES 30

gia_green
Listener

I have the same question.

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

‎2024-04-19 08:58 AM

Hi  
We are really sorry to hear about this experience. We've since made some updates that will hopefully mean if you're still interested in purchasing this great offer you can do so from the same link you got via email. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please refer to our FAQ here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906

Esther

TomDRS
Listener

The link from the email is not not working either.  After signing in, all I get "The offer from MasterClass is a one-time promotion for annual Zoom One or Zoom One Business subscriptions and cannot be combined with other discounts. Certain currencies and locations may not be eligible for this offer." 

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @TomDRS 
We are really sorry to hear about this experience. We've since made some updates that will hopefully mean if you're still interested in purchasing this great offer you can do so from the same link you got via email. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please refer to our FAQ here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906

Thanks, 

Esther

donnab
Listener

I just wasted an hour - worth more than the darned discount! - trying to use the chatbot, then chatting with an agent who said to talk to Sales. Sales told me to talk to Billing. I waited on the phone for another 18 minutes. Billing told me to talk to Sales. On hold for another 13 minutes. Sales guy was so freaking rude. He told me to talk to Billing (it was laughable at that point) and when I told him Billing sent me to Sales he literally sat in silence for 30 seconds. I asked if he was still there and he said, "Yes, is there anything else I can hep you with?" I asked to speak to someone who might know how to address this and he said, "Give me 5 minutes". The phone line was dead air. I'm sure he just put the receiver down and walked away! I hung up after 10 more minutes 🤣

I feel your pain! I'm posting my experience (below) with the hope of not having to endure what you experienced. I would be in favor of automation and off-shore tech support if we could get stellar service.

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @donnab 
We're really sorry to hear about your experience and have since taken your feedback to make some changes to our purchase experience, including the chatbot.  If you're still interested in purchasing MasterClass through Zoom, you can do so via the email you received. 

We have also since published some FAQ that might be helpful if you run into further issues.  https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906

donnab
Listener

An update  - and I"d love to know if anyone has had success getting their dicsount to work. I reached out to support.zoom.us with the issue and the reply came back that there is no coupon on my account. D'uh. They marked the case resolved. The email says if I want to continue to cnovo to reply to the email. Which I did only to get a bounceback reply with the subject line: 

No case created - Email not valid for case creation.

I clicked the link in the original email they sent - also, they say, to continue the convo. And the page says (in those big bold letters),

Sorry, either the data doesn't exist or you don't have access

Zoom. Best example of run-around and terrible customer service. 

This is extremely frustrating. I've been communicating with masterclass and they have no record of my purchase either. You would think that they would have some kind of record of my purchase to activate my account. Zoom says I don't have access to a live support agent with my plan and to access the community. This is terrible. I need immediate answers not trying to look for one. 

bw12
Listener

I'd also be interested to know if anyone got an actual code. I reached out to MasterClass and they said we need to talk to Zoom. What a weird promotional email. 

me too

donnab
Listener

@bw12 @TomDRS @HRGalli @gia_green 
Try clicking the link today. I did accidentally when trying to reply to support and the coupon was in place as promised. If it's not there for you, try this coupon code at checkout: 
MasterClass70Off

Good luck! Hope you learn lots of fun stuff!

WEBVDO
Listener

Aloha!

The link worked for me, however . . .

On 03/18 I paid $35 for a discounted Masterclass annual subscription.

I did NOT receive an email confirmation for payment.

I did NOT receive a Masterclass subscription login link.

Hey! 

Uh-oh.  Not even a receipt for payment?  

When you entered your info, did it tell you which kind of membership you were getting - Standard, Plus, or Premium?  None of them are what Zoom called "individual" and none have the supposed cost where 70% off is $35.    

Why is no one from Zoom addressing this glaring discrepancy?  Baffled.  And while I would love to snag a membership with MasterClass at that price, what would I really be getting?  (Additionally suspect when you didn't get a receipt or login!)

If you do get a login and/or info on what plan it is, would you share the update?

Hey,

I don't recall seeing anything regarding a Zoom "individual" plan or a Masterclass "Standard, Plus, or Premium Plan" on the Zoom offer page. It was unclear to me.

Prior to my purchase, I remember researching whether or not the offer was for a "Zoom Masterclass" or a "Masterclass.com" subscription:

The first sponsored Google link was: 
  • $120 For The Year:  Icons On Demand, For Just $120 — An Annual Membership Gets You 2500+ Lessons From 150+ of the World’s Best Instructors. Unlock a Library of 2500+ Lessons From the World’s Best With an Annual Membership.
I was convinced that the Zoom 70% discounted offer was, indeed, "$35 For The Year" and I was ready to purchase.

Then, I read your Zoom Community post dated 240318. 
I also saw that your thread had been "closed".

Since it appeared that I wasn't experiencing your specific problem, I completed the Zoom order.

I just checked my credit card statement, which shows the payment was collected by Zoom:

• Mon Mar 18, 2024 ZOOM.US 888-799-9666 8887999666 CA $35.00
I called the number (above). and got a recording that the Zoom Billing office is closed today and that I could create a Zoom Ticket by sending an email message to: ***********

I sent the email to Zoom and received Mail Delivery Error messages, TWICE.
  • The original message was received at Sun, 24 Mar 2024 11:50:16 -0700 from [[[[  .TEXT CUT.  ]]]]
      ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <***********(reason: 550-5.7.1 This message is not RFC 5322 compliant. There are multiple To headers.)

Then, I checked the Masterclass.com website to see if I might have an account there that I didn't know about.

I clicked the Login link and my email address was displayed, as well as a password.

Upon login to Masterclass, I discovered that no membership is activated. The Payment tab shows:
  • Payment Methods  Add  No card stored
I must have signed up for a MasterClass trial subscription in the past.

Just sent a troubleshooting email message to Masterclass Support 

Disregard all of the above. I was delusional.

APOLOGIES!

(Ok. I'm a dork.)

= 8< o

I contacted Masterclass. They confirmed that the offer is legit.

Today, I called Zoom. They confirmed my payment and said I should have received an email message with an activation link. After searching more extensively, it turns out that I DID RECEIVE THE ACTIVATION LINK. I just now updated my Masterclass Profile.

The Zoom offer for Masterclass.com is NOT a hoax.

The offer is REAL. 

pajflower
Listener

I actually subscribed and received no link to MasterClass. I sent an email to masterClass and they said they are not aware of this email.

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @pajflower 

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. I hope that you've since received your activation links but if not please refer to our FAQ's on some ways we can troubleshoot this - https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out and we'll work on addressing your issue. 

Thank you!

WEBVDO
Listener

APOLOGIES!

(Ok. I'm a dork.)

= 8< o

I contacted Masterclass. They confirmed that the offer is legit.

Today, I called Zoom. They confirmed my payment and said I should have received an email message with an activation link. After searching more extensively, it turns out that I DID RECEIVE THE ACTIVATION LINK. I just now updated my Masterclass Profile.

The Zoom offer for Masterclass.com is NOT a hoax.

The offer is REAL. 

= 8< B

NAWartman
Listener

credit card just spins and spins. Tried a different card. can't get past that part. 

This happened to me in Chrome. I tried in Safari and did not experience this error. 
I copied the link from the promo email into my browser, which saved the coupon code.
I did get a payment confirmation link from Zoom immediately after submitting. 
I did get MasterClass access link immediately. 
I did not previously have a Zoom or Masterclass account. 

Hope this helps some avoid the frustration of calling support! 

thanks Mandy. I tried in both browsers. I'm now able to send the reactivation link, but I'm not receiving it. I've checked in my spam folder. It shouldn't be this hard!

ksnaz
Listener

I too opted in for the MasterClass subscription at 70% off. My credit card was processed however, I've not received an email with an activation link. I tried chatting with the Bot to no avail. While it states that you can resend the activation link(s) to your email from the Plan Management page in the Zoom web portal, when selecting the URL, I received Unknown Error. I've still not received an email to start this subscription.

So frustrating trying to track down how this should work and who should be working to resolution.

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @ksnaz 

We are really sorry to hear about your experience.  We have made some updates and resent the activation links, and we hope that you have received them. Please also refer to our FAQ's here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906 

If you are still having issues, please let us know, and we'll investigate. 

Thank you!

cbaumanncb
Listener

Has anyone found out how to receive the activation link?  Never received it (but did get payment confirmation) and when I try and have it resent, I get "unknown error"  Chatbot has been useless and I have had silence from support.  

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @cbaumanncb 

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We hope that you have received the activation link now. If not please see below for some further ways to troubleshoot this issue: 

I purchased a MasterClass subscription through Zoom and I did not receive an email with the MasterClass activation link. What should I do?

You can resend your activation link(s) to your email from the Plan Management page in the Zoom web portal.

Please also refer to FAQ's here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906 

If you are still having issues, please let us know. 

Thank you!

Yeshe-108
Listener

I'm having the same problem. I didn't receive an activation link from zoom to access Masterclass. No customer service response in 24 hours. 

Esther-
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi @Yeshe-108 
We're sorry to hear about your experience.  We hope that you have received the activation link now. If not please see below for some further ways to troubleshoot this issue: 

I purchased a MasterClass subscription through Zoom and I did not receive an email with the MasterClass activation link. What should I do?

You can resend your activation link(s) to your email from the Plan Management page in the Zoom web portal.

Please also refer to FAQ's here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0074906 

If you are still having issues, please let us know, and we'll investigate. 

Thank you!

WEBVDO
Listener

Today, I accessed my Zoom account and I see my Masterclass discounted subscription. Everything is there, Coupon Details, Coupon Code (masterclass70off), etc.

ACCOUNT / PLANS AND BILLING / COUPONS / MANAGE.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 2.19.24 AM.png

ACCOUNT / PLANS AND BILLING / EXCLUSIVE OFFERS:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 2.24.36 AM.png

Not sure when all of the above appeared in my account, but it is there.

And it took me a while to find my receipt and activation code in my email.

The deal is real.

ksnaz
Listener

It appears the issue has been fixed. I went to https://zoom.us/billing, selected, View Selected Offers (previously bought/paid for), and selected "Resend Activation Link". I successfully received an email with an activation link.

Thank you Zoom support. Opening a ticket was my best line of defense. Nicely played.