cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence

mrb2
Listener

Hi, 

I'm not sure if this the correct location but hopefully somebody can help. 

Our staff are looking to use the Basic (Free) plan.    Looking at the licence terms of service, there is mention in section 3.1 that it is for internal use only (as highlighted below)...

3.1 Access and Use; Software License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may access and use, during the Initial Subscription Term or then-current Renewal Term, the Services as set forth on each applicable Order Form. If access to or use of any portion of the Services requires or allows for you to download, use, or install Zoom software (“Software”), Zoom grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, and royalty-free license to use the Software in object code format on a compatible device for your internal use only, solely to access and use the Services during the applicable Initial Subscription Term or then-current Renewal Term. You acknowledge and agree that your access to and use of the Services and Software under this Section 3.1 (and as otherwise provided in this Agreement) is revocable in Zoom’s sole discretion.

Does this mean we can only use it to invite members who work internally i.e. the same company? 

Or can we still invite people to our meetings from other companies?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

DanHuber
Participant

Zoom offers the free basic account many reasons. There is no cost to host a meeting up to 40 min, and there is no cost to attend someone else's hosted meeting. If that host purchases a license then your free account is upgraded to all of the features of the licensed host for that meeting. Im no lawyer but "for your internal use only" means it for you to use. not for others to use, and not for you to resell or repurpose. 

mrb2
Listener

Thanks Dan, I'd agree that would seem logical but would appreciate confirmation from them.