cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upgraded my account but somehow wound up with two accounts with the same user name

jdhildebrand
Listener

I upgraded my Zoom account. Instead of upgrading my account, Zoom created a second account with the same email address as the user name. Now when I start a meeting, I don't know which account I'll be using and whether the meeting will have to end after 30 or 40 minutes. I would delete the original profile, but I'm nervous about Zoom software quality. (I am sure that I specified a pay-per-month plan, but Zoom charged me for the whole year in advance, which I did not expect and did not intend to consent to.) Now I never know which account I am signing in to when I launch zoom. thank goodness I used different photos for the profiles.

Can I delete my original (free) account with 100% confidence that I won't be deleting the paid account too, and flushing away a year's prepayment? The Zoom chatbot was flummoxed by this question. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jdhildebrand 

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Community!

I recommend that you submit a request to Zoom Billing for assistance. They may need to access your account to help.

Please click Accept as Solution if this led you to a resolution. This will help others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

S_K

Hi @jdhildebrand 

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Community!

I recommend that you submit a request to Zoom Billing for assistance. They may need to access your account to help.

Please click Accept as Solution if this led you to a resolution. This will help others who may have the same question.