cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a paid account and I want to go back to a free account

Patricia07
Listener

Hello. Last year I bought an annual plan, and this year I decided to cancel the plan, before the end date, because I no longer need it. I want to make my account free but it's not possible. What should I do?

1 REPLY 1

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Patricia07 

When you cancel your account, you maintain access to paid features until the expiration date of your current term. Cancellation just ensures that your subscription will not automatically renew.

If you are saying that you tried to cancel before the end of your previous subscription term, the information below may be helpful.

If your account is eligible for a refund, you can request a refund when canceling your plan through the web portal. To be eligible for a refund, you must submit the request within 30 days of the renewal and only a prorated refund will be given.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then click Billing.
  3. Under the Current Plans tab, find the plan you want to cancel and click Cancel Plan to stop your subscription's automatic renewal.
  4. If your account is eligible for a refund, click Dispute Charges.
    In the next window, you will be notified of the refund amount.
  5. To agree to the terms of the refund and cancel your subscription, click Cancel and Refund.