cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded your cloud recording storage recording limit

Guamuser671
Listener

If zoom is full, then new recordings will replace the video files in zoom? Meaning, previous will be deleted to make room for new ones (and zoom would do this automatically)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Nothing will be deleted. At some point you could be charged an extra for exceeding the storage limit. It is possible to buy extra storage on Zoom's cloud for a monthly fee, or erase the recordings you don't need anymore. 

Managing and sharing cloud recordings – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Alex_PFT

Hi,

Nothing will be deleted. At some point you could be charged an extra for exceeding the storage limit. It is possible to buy extra storage on Zoom's cloud for a monthly fee, or erase the recordings you don't need anymore. 

Managing and sharing cloud recordings – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

Hi Alex,

How exactly can I buy extra storage on ZOOM's cloud? I can not find the option. 😞
Thank you for your help,
Warmly,
Kate

Yeahbut . . . this is extra work for our Zoom manager.  Zoom SHOULD PROVIDE AN OPTION for auto-delete after a customer-configurable time (like 2 weeks, a month, etc.) 

We got a warning yesterday that after January 11 the enforcement for exceeding our storage limit would be that new recordings would be blocked.  So, we go into a meeting we need to record and when we try to Record to the Cloud, suddenly we can't because someone on our account has just recorded a work-group meeting that pushed us over our limit?  That's pretty bad. 

BTW--I have no problem with Zoom enforcing storage limits. In fact I have been surprised there has been no enforcement before.  It's the method of enforcement and the lack of customer tools for managing storage efficiently that are the problems.  

kgallagher
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for the feedback. The account admin can configure a setting for auto deletion in your account's web portal. For other tips on managing storage please see this article:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7627873724685-Managing-cloud-recording-usage-limits

Thanks!  Hard to keep up with all the options for a small org like ours with all-volunteer staff!

Perfect 😞

I removed most* of my files so they are below the 5GB threshold but I keep getting messages that is above. But it's not. 

Hi Alex,

I am missing a video recording due to cloud space issues. After clearing clouding space, my video did not get recorded. How do I receive it?

And this will count you from the start :), with 363GB OMG, i don't know about this and have been charged 400$

Alex_PFT

Hi,

It's on the web portal, under account management / Billing.

Upgrading your account and add-ons – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

I don't see an "add-on" to specifically add incremental amounts of storage. I see plan upgrades that come with a little bit of extra storage and then a big Cloud Storage add-on that doesn't specify capacity but costs a big annual fee. This is not straightforward and clear. And on the reduce stored files side, it seems like each file has to be selected individually and then downloaded, vs. being able to select all the files in a list and do a bulk download. If I was a suspicious type, I'd almost thing that Zoom's cloud capacity sales scheme was to get folks to panic buy big amounts of annual storage...but I'd love to hear that there's a nice set of incremental storage purchase options that I'm just not finding... Thanks for anyone's advice!

AaronStephen1
Listener

Good Morning.  I am the church clerk who replaced the previous clerk, Mary Nesbit.  I deleted and trashed some of the storage files.  I hope this will resolve the issue.  Please email the church at:  *********** and let me know if the deletion of some of the files helped.  

Sincerelly,

Shirley Jefferson,

Church Clerk

kgallagher
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Good Morning,

You will be able to see if you are under your limit in two locations:
1. Admin-> Account Management -> Recording Management in the top right corner you will be able to see a status bar with your current usage, allotment and percentage of allotment you have used.
2. Admin-> Account Management -> Reports -> Cloud Recording, you will be able to see a line graph with the same. 

Chamber
Listener

Did zoom decrease the cloud storage limit for pro users?  We used to be able to save more recordings and now after only 3 meetings, it says we have exceeded the limit and these meetings are not any longer than before.

abrahamalbertn
Listener

This zoom own article says

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7627873724685-Managing-cloud-recording-usage-limits

We won'' able to record when the limit is reached. But now they are charging for overage?

Isn't this a bug?

kgallagher
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@abrahamalbertn If your account has not purchased any recording add-on then your account will not be able to make additional cloud recordings until the account is under its limit. If the account has purchased an add-on and exceeds that limit then overages will be charged and the account can keep recording. 

MOREREVIVAL
Listener

ZOOM doesn't explain that when we are purchasing the add-on for cloud storage, we can go over it. I Just double checked it. There isn't any link posted either to the page explaining the overage price.

If you are charging for this, you are breaking Indonesia's Costumer Protection law. Charging for something that you don't explain properly to the consumer. 

even google drive doesn't let us go over the storage capacity and charge for it.

Please fix this.

This month alone myself and my friend charged for overage fee that we don't even know that the overage is there. 

It's simply because zoom doesn't explain any of it, zoom doesn't explain that we can go over the cloud storage if we pay for the cloud storage add-on.

And base on this move alone, ZOOM treating the people who pay the add-on worse? literally the people who give ZOOM money for it?

The capability to record more the add-on storage we pay isn't a feature. It's rather a flaw. Common logic : "If i pay for 30GB add on storage, I'll get 30GB of storage." not "If i pay for 30GB add on storage, I can record as much as i can, but if i exceed 30GB i must pay overage fee". 

Alex_PFT

Alex_PFT_0-1678487672352.png

Nope, there isn't any explanation like you posted before. As a proof that this screenshot isn't edited, i even record my screen searching for that explanation.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 05.37.50.png

Alex_PFT

Yes.

That's just a different page because you are logged in. Just click on the "i" at the end of the description and you will see the details.

Wow,

one way to trick costumer... hiding it in "i".
still , it violates the Indonesia's customer protection law, the law won't allow it. The law obligate any seller or service provider to explain the product properly, not hiding the explanation in the "i".

There is hierarchy in the law. The most strict ZOOM policy (or any company out there that is operating in Indonesia) will be nullified by the country's law if it's contradictory

So yeah this is pure trickery and cash grab. Also way to lose customers.

LOL, cheating as zoom !! That just a note without respect and clarify problem! I bought it and think as you are: If i pay for 30GB add on storage, I'll get 30GB of storage.. Now i pay 400$ for 363GB storage 😄

I'm searching for a long time and suddenly saw your comment, perfectly same here, they explain with an image below but this is so STUPID. I can't understand clearly with their NOTE, that just a NOTE . How about 363GB approximately 410$  😁????? I don't need those stupid cloud storage. I thought the same with you: 30GB extra. Not caculating from the very start !  within 6 months 363 GB.