cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Password and NOT use google to sign in

Lea7

Hello: I forgot my password, so I logged in using Google. I no longer wish to log in with Google, but each time I request to change my password with Zoom, the message in my inbox states, 

"There was recently a request to change the password on your account. Based on our records, you used Google to sign in Zoom, click the button below, then select sign in with Google."

I do not want to log in with google, I want to change my password. Chat doesn't understand my inquiry and there is no one I can talk to. Has anyone found a fix for this? I see that someone else had the same question a few years back with no answer provided. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

By any chance do you have the original activation email sent to you from Zoom to activate your account?  If you click on that link, it should activate your email sign-in method.  It may require you to request a new link.

Another possible workaround is to go to zoom.us and click on the blue 'Sign Up Free' button and see if you can request an account with the same email address.  On the back end, this would associate the email to the existing user, so it would hopefully reset the password.