cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my business account get rid of the waiting room/passcode requirement?

BL23
Listener

We use Zoom to set up interviews between our clients and candidates, but Zoom made the waiting room feature a forced requirement on all business accounts since Covid due to people hacking in to Zoom rooms.

This is very inconvenient for us because as the third party, we always have to start the meetings for them instead of them being able to do this themselves.

Is there anyway to choose to opt out of this so that our business account is not required to have a waiting room/password?

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisO
Note Taker

You should be able to set the waiting room off by default in the account settings for meetings. Once you disable you can also lock it so no users can enable on their own. If this is a single user account simply look under the settings and the toggle is towards the top. There are also settings for passcodes slightly lower down the list of options.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's a business account and our admin owner can't unlock those settings because she said Zoom now made it required for business accounts to have a waiting room due to the hacker problem.

That doesn't sound right. It may not be a feature on a business account but I doubt they display the setting and lock you out from controlling it. While they may recommend it be turned on I highly doubt they are forcing it for just one license type and not all others. \_o.o_/

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***