cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning re Live help on Pro account

kathy99
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a Pro account. I had a question, and the bot could not find the answer. I was asked if I want to help from a live technician - and to give my MasterCard for a refundable $2 fee. I did that. The technician (in my case) was quite lame, and knew less about Zoom than I do. But guess what - my Master card statement showed not just the $2, but also a $66 charge! These were from something called Just Answer. In their view, by asking a question I subscribed to a MONTHLY subscription to Just Answer. After some fighting they cancelled my subscription (meaning that they did not continue charging me $66 every month - can you imagine?)  After some more fighting, they refunded my original $66.

I looked up Just Answer. They are a complete scam. Be very careful. It turns out (I never knew that) that a Pro account does not qualify us for live help. So if the bot does not have an answer for you, look for an answer elsewhere.  

I don't understand why the Zoom bot sends us to such a disreputable sketchy enterprise. 

1 REPLY 1

VA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @kathy99  and welcome to the Zoom Community. Zoom does not have any affiliation with Just Answer and we do not direct customers to them when seeking support within our chatbot. Our official Zoom Support Contact page where you can view support options for your plan type, get help from our chatbot, or submit a web ticket is here: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/contact?id=contact_us 

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?