cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add html or script to open zoom live chat activated by clicking a graphic in the body of content

wguth
Newcomer
Newcomer

Having issues trying to find a solution to just adding script or html to a button, text link or call to action in the body of website content that would then open up the zoom live chat.

5 REPLIES 5

ams-zoom
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey there!  You'll find the settings you're looking for within the Campaign Settings.  If you save an existing campaign as a draft, then change the Invitation to Embedded, then select Create Invitation, you'll see plenty of options for leveraging existing HTML elements to launch the bot. 👍

Hello, I attempted to create that type of invitation but it appears that it sets the account overall as embed or  sticky.   When I did just test with the embed options, its not very clear to me on what to do. 

wguth
Newcomer
Newcomer

ok great, I will check that out....thank you!

VanessaVaZoomie
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

@wguth 

Not sure if you're trying to launch a Zoom Contact Center live chat or a Zoom Virtual Agent Chat Bot with the button. 

If you want to launch a Zoom Virtual Agent Chat Bot, then use the ZVA SDK and make an event using the instructions found here: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/virtual-agent/web/reference/

Hope it helps!

-Vanessa

Zubairk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi wguth,

To add a button or link that opens a Zoom live chat on your website, you’ll need to use a bit of HTML and JavaScript. While Zoom doesn’t provide a direct way to open a chat window through a simple script, you can use the Zoom Web SDK to achieve this. Here’s a basic outline of how you might set it up:

First, make sure you have included the Zoom Web SDK in your project. You can find the necessary script and setup instructions on the Zoom Developer website.

Next, you’ll add the HTML for your button or link. For example, you could use:

```html
<button id="startChat">Start Zoom Chat</button>
```

Then, you need to include some JavaScript to handle the button click and initiate the chat. Here’s a simplified version:

```javascript
document.getElementById('startChat').addEventListener('click', function() {
ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: 'http://www.yourwebsite.com',
isSupportAV: true,
success: function() {
ZoomMtg.join({
meetingNumber: 'YOUR_MEETING_NUMBER',
userName: 'YOUR_NAME',
signature: 'YOUR_SIGNATURE',
apiKey: 'YOUR_API_KEY',
userEmail: 'YOUR_EMAIL',
passWord: 'YOUR_MEETING_PASSWORD',
success: function(res) {
console.log('Join meeting success');
},
error: function(res) {
console.log('Join meeting error');
}
});
},
error: function(res) {
console.log('Init error');
}
});
});
```

Replace the placeholders (e.g., `YOUR_MEETING_NUMBER`, `YOUR_NAME`, etc.) with your actual Zoom meeting details. This script initializes the Zoom Web SDK and joins the meeting when the button is clicked.

If you need more specific guidance or run into issues, feel free to ask!