cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading account level & Streaming through a cellphone hotspot

DrDNA
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been tasked with setting up a Zoom link for my Aunt's graveside memorial.  There are many that cannot make it live (COVID) and would like to pay their respects virtually.  My two questions are:  (1) Can I upgrade my account to the business plan for 1 month as I need more people and time than the free account allows.   I don't need a business account for longer than 1 month at this time.(2) I am going to use my phone as a hot spot and set up my iPad to run the zoom software on a tripod.  I eagerly await your reply as I only have a couple of days to confirm that this setup and upgrade will work.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @DrDNA 

First, my condolences for your loss. 

Instead of the Business plan, I would suggest upgrading to Pro ($14.99) + Large Meeting 500 add-on ($50), as you will get the expanded capacity and no time limits at a cheaper price overall. 

Yes, a wifi-hotspot will work, but it may not provide the best quality. A 3G/4G signal is strong, but not always consistent, so video quality will likely fluctuate over the service. I understand there are no alternatives, but just keep that in mind. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

DrDNA
Newcomer
Newcomer

Bort,

Thank you for your quick reply.  I don't think I made my question clear.  If I upgrade to the PRO account cant this be for only 1 month and then drop back down to Free account.  I don't think I will need the other option of Large meeting, as we won't be nearly that many.  So if the Pro account will work and I can downgrade after 1 month that would be the best option.  Please confirm.

David

Bort

Yes, you can upgrade to Pro and then immediately cancel the renewal of that subscription, so that at the end of the month, your Pro subscription will expire and you will downgrade back to Basic. 

I suggested the Large Meeting Add-on, since you mentioned the Basic account will not provide enough people and time for your meeting. The Pro account will remove the time limit that a Basic account has, but will still be limited to 100 maximum participants. You can also record the service to the cloud, so that others can view the recording afterwards if they were not able to attend in person or virtually.