cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start a meeting without an admin present

AJ2
Explorer
Explorer

How does one join a meeting an admit people without having the admin start the meeting or be present at all? I want a someone that I identify to click the zoom link, start the meeting and admit folks without me as the admin starting the meeting or being involved or present. This person is outside of the organization but has access to the zoom link to join the meeting. I have a Zoom Pro account with one license. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Correct, the best and most secure option would be to add a 2nd license to your account, create a 2nd user on your account, and assign that license to that user. Once that is done, you can edit any already scheduled meetings and add that user as the alternative host for that session. They will be provided a unique link to join the session as the host in your place. That link could be shared with someone who will host and moderate the meeting in your place. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Without the other participant being a member of your account, I am not sure there is a way to accomplish this. Alternative host would be a perfect fit, but the other user must be a member of your account and you both be licensed. 

Thx for responding! So I would have to purchase a second license in order for any next steps?

Bort

Correct, the best and most secure option would be to add a 2nd license to your account, create a 2nd user on your account, and assign that license to that user. Once that is done, you can edit any already scheduled meetings and add that user as the alternative host for that session. They will be provided a unique link to join the session as the host in your place. That link could be shared with someone who will host and moderate the meeting in your place. 

Thank you!

Hola mi telefono es 831 8004360 quiero que me conozcas