cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Room Share Content button not available

MBC
Newcomer
Newcomer

We have multiple Zoom Rooms set up with Polycom touch displays.  Recently, we have had issues when selecting the "Share Content" button.  We are able to enter the menu, but the "Share" button is not appearing to begin sharing content.  Has anyone had issues related to this?  This has only recently occurred and may be related to firmware and software updates.  We have updated all of our devices and are still experiencing the issue.  Any suggestions or fixes??

13 REPLIES 13

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @MBC 

I have seen oddities in Zoom Room behavior when the software is not up to date. 

Check https://zoom.us/device for any updates available for your Zoom Rooms.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

That was our initial thought as well and we updated all of our devices believing this would resolve the issue.  Unfortunately, the problem persists on devices running the most current firmware/software.

Rupert

Can other Participants in the same meeting Share content from a regular Zoom client?

Yes.  The issue is not that our content will not share.  The issue is that the button to Begin Sharing is not appearing.  When the button is visible the process works normally.

Rupert

Are you able to launch the Web Controller from https://zoom.us/location and do you see the Share button there?

No.  I just joined 2 active meetings.  One of the rooms experiences the issue and the other has not.  The share button is not appearing in the room where I have had the issue.  I can see it in the second room.

Rupert

Is there a difference in hardware between these two Rooms - and are they in the same Zoom account/organization? 

MBC
Newcomer
Newcomer

They are under the same account/organization.  They are identical set ups.

Rupert

If you start fresh meetings from both, does one still not show the Share button?

Yes.  That is correct.

Rupert

What type of sharing would you typically expect - would you be using a Sharing Key from another computer, or connecting an external source via HDMI?

We are sharing content via HDMI connection.  We also have considered the connection, but I find it curious that software updates have resolved the issue in other rooms while this one continues.

shaneatzoom
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

i'd encourage you to set up a support ticket for this item, but I'd also look to know more about the hardware.  What do you mean exactly by 'polycom touch displays'? If this system leverages a secondary USB>HDMI for the ingest, check device manager when it's not working to ensure the OS is actually seeing it.  If the system is an appliance (poly X30/X50), i'd recommend opening a Poly support ticket as well so they can review if there are hardware issues with that input.

Please be sure to mark 'accept as solution' if this answered your question and thanks for using Zoom!

Shane
Architect @ Zoom