cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom desktop application not supported (mac) message

Carla387
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am running Monterey OS on mac. I have enabled downloads. The zoom desktop client downloads fine and it also says it is installed ok but when I go to open it from inside my application folder it has a cross through it and says this app is not supported.  I have updated everything, run virus scans, etc...I have downloaded and tried to install 10 times.  And still no luck.

Thoughts?

Carla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have found a work-around for the error on the Mac O/S is showing the installed application as "Not Support on this Mac Device"

Via Download URL https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting - Install Zoom for MAC

Once installed and if still not working - Load any ZOOM meeting URL and waiting for the web browswer page to load ... You will see on the web browser page " Dont have Zoom Client Installed? download here ' - Click the download here and install yet another verizon of ZOOM

This cured my issue

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Joaz2080
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hello @Carla387 - We are sorry to hear about the ordeal. Please, can you access this page ~> "How to uninstall Zoom"  then re-install using this link ~> "Zoom Client for Meetings"

Joaz2080_0-1638889565944.png

hannahmadwww890
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having the same problem! Did you find a solution?

I have found a work-around for the error on the Mac O/S is showing the installed application as "Not Support on this Mac Device"

Via Download URL https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting - Install Zoom for MAC

Once installed and if still not working - Load any ZOOM meeting URL and waiting for the web browswer page to load ... You will see on the web browser page " Dont have Zoom Client Installed? download here ' - Click the download here and install yet another verizon of ZOOM

This cured my issue

I can confirm this. I think the downloads page is linking to the wrong installer.

Thank you! This has been the only suggest fix that has actually worked for me.

thank you this helped!

thank you so much. it really helped me. finallllly i have downloaded zoom by following your suggested way.