cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

latest flatpak for lmde 6 crashing

jezmonster
Newcomer
Newcomer

Latest flatpak for linux mint debian edition 6 is crashing. Crash report is complaining that "The package providing  /app/extra/zoom/zoom.real could not be found

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @jezmonster ,

I have used Zoom with different distros; Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint (MATE).

I almost always have an issue(s) at some point when trying to use the Flatpak version of Zoom.

One suggestion I can give is to use a handy utility called Flatseal.

Flatseal is a graphical utility to review and modify permissions from your Flatpak applications.

I usually install the Zoom binary via the terminal.

Installing Zoom on Linux

Debian, Ubuntu, or Linux Mint

I hope that this provides the information you need, please reply if you have any further questions.

Consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Thanks for the feedback. The LMDE 6 Software manager only offers the flatpak version of Zoom to install. Since that flatpak failed miserably, using "flatseal" seemed (to me) as a posiibly dangerous solution that would take me further down the abyss. Thanks for pointing out that a .DEB version of Zoom exists. I downloaded the .DEB file and installed with GDEBI. It works and life is good. THANKS!!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

newl

Hello @jezmonster ,

I have used Zoom with different distros; Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint (MATE).

I almost always have an issue(s) at some point when trying to use the Flatpak version of Zoom.

One suggestion I can give is to use a handy utility called Flatseal.

Flatseal is a graphical utility to review and modify permissions from your Flatpak applications.

I usually install the Zoom binary via the terminal.

Installing Zoom on Linux

Debian, Ubuntu, or Linux Mint

I hope that this provides the information you need, please reply if you have any further questions.

Consider marking this post a "Accept as Solution" so other Zoom Community members may find this solution as well!

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. The LMDE 6 Software manager only offers the flatpak version of Zoom to install. Since that flatpak failed miserably, using "flatseal" seemed (to me) as a posiibly dangerous solution that would take me further down the abyss. Thanks for pointing out that a .DEB version of Zoom exists. I downloaded the .DEB file and installed with GDEBI. It works and life is good. THANKS!!!!