cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera & microphone something thats tripod-mountable that connects to a laptop Both windows 10 & 11

StornowayBranch

Hi  I need help

I  need advice for broadcasting a funeral over Zoom the podium  will be over 30 feet away from where the laptop will be

the camera will need to cover a wide area say 40 x 30 feet or 13x10m 

The microphone will need to hear the speaker who is 30-40 feet away. I would prefer something that is connected to a laptop with USB

for both the camera & microphone something that is tripod-mountable

not a lapel microphone but one that will pick up the podium speaker without picking up the people who will be sitting in rows of chairs between me & the speaker about 6 rows of chairs if they whisper to each other during the service.

It will also need to pick up the singing of those attending. 

the last one I did was with an iPhone but it was impossible to manage the meeting when it was attached to a tripod & most of the screen was covered it was an utter nightmare to do.

Will probably have another one to do in the coming months for an elderly friend.

Any help recommendations would be wonderful A web link for the recommended products would be the best

I'm in the UK.

it will need to run on both Windows 10.  & windows 11.

running the latest desktop version of Zoom.

1 REPLY 1

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As a broadcast engineer and production sound mixer for the motion picture industry I would recommend the following. First, the closer a mic is to the speaker the better. So 30-40ft means a quality cardiod mic that uses phantom power via XLR to a mixer or wireless via radio system. If only one camera is used then camera should be a PTZ NDI camera with a minimum of 20x and preferably 30x zoom lens. Feed camera and audio thru OBS Studio using the NDI plug-in with output routed thru NDI webcam to Zoom. Control the camera using PTZOptics software. Be sure to do a proper lipsync delay for the audio which can be measured using a clapboard in a recorded video. Might want to talk with someone who does film making. Be sure that the computer has a good internet connection, preferably using ethernet. It is possible to use a micro computer, USB audio interface, and PTZ camera with everything mounted to a tripod and remotely controlled via RealVNC. I do dozens of memorials with this technology every month. I know sounds like a lot of work - it is - but it is inconspicuous, very effective, can record locally at 1080P as well as Zoom broadcast. Allows lower thirds and other graphics. Supports pre-recorded comments. And the list goes on.