Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio sound

Zoe2035
Newcomer
Newcomer

HELP!!!

When I am in a meeting I can hear everyone no problem.
BUT when someone shares music or their sound I cant hear it - just the odd crackle.
I tested my microphone - OK
I tested Webcam - OK
I tested speaker - an issues.
It comes up with "Same as System (Speakers (realtek (R) Audio)) is the problem.

I used to have zoom on my old surface pro - no problems. I got  anew laptop and this is now happening.  Also it seems to go to ZOOM Workplace - where as before it was just zoom 

I really need help - how do I fix it so I can hear other people's music AND they can hear mine....?

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The host who is sharing the music must turn on "original sound for musicians" in settings and in the upper right area of the Zoom window for a desktop or laptop otherwise participants will hear voice ok, but music will be suppressed.

"Zoom Workplace" is just the latest VERSION of Zoom - it is NOT a different product.

Zoe2035
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks so much Storyhub....
The host is sharing original sound for musicians.  Everyone on the call can hear the music perfectly - I can't hear it at all (other than a faint, crackle every now and then)
I wondered if it my own speakers - but I play music through them via my computer and they play fine - no issues at all.  It is only an issue when I am in Zoom. So still none the wiser!!

Thanks