cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio problems.

ma66
Newcomer
Newcomer

As of Sept 26, my audio no longer works on Zoom.  I have a brand new webcam that has been working perfectly on Zoom up until then.  It works fine on Skype.  It suddenly isn't recognizing my microphone.  I have the latest version of ZOOM.  Please help.  

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @ma66 

Do you have a separate Microphone, before you had a new webcam? Most webcams also have Microphones. It could be that Zoom is trying to use it rather than any existing microphone you had already?

Or are you trying to use the new webcam as a Microphone, and that's what's not working?

Either way - can you try a Test Meeting at https://zoom.us/test and see if your expected Microphone Audio Device is listed and selected as a Microphone?

Also - when you are in a Meeting - what do you see listed if you click the up arrow next to your microphone icon - as illustrated here?

Rupert_0-1632848053466.png

Rupert

I didn't have a microphone before.  The whole system is new including the monitor, desktop and webcam.  I am using the microphone in the webcam.   The video works fine.  The microphone has been working on Zoom until last Sunday.   It works when I am on Skype.  When I am in a meeting and I right click on the arrow beside the microphone icon, hd pro Webcam C920 comes up.   

Rupert

Hi @ma66 

Did this help you resolve your issue?

Please Mark as Solution if it did - or post back with any further assistance required.

Rupert