cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alternative host error

warder
Newcomer
Newcomer

I work for a University. We use zoom for meetings, and I often schedule meetings for others, that I will not be attending. I am continually finding I am unable to add the attending colleagues as alternative hosts, even though we are all using university email addresses and their university provided zoom accounts, and the very same person's email worked just fine as alternate host the month or week before.  I reached out to zoom over support chat, and they said they weren't on the same license, and were using a free/basic account, which seems highly unlikely given our context, and my ability to add several of the offending accounts as hosts previously. How do i get this problem actually fixed???Screenshot 2023-06-02 150816 zoom issue.png

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @warder 

If that’s what Zoom Support told you, and you’re saying “it’s unlikely” – that’s telling me you haven’t actually checked with your Admin yet. 

Your best bet is to contact your university’s Zoom Admin and confirm that your  account and the “offending” accounts are indeed all on your university’s account – under the same Owner account. Alt Hosts must be under the same Owner account, and must also be Licensed users – not Basic. 

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !