cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom User Accounts being able to Start a Meeting

XaneDaniel
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have created a user account and assigned it to someone. HOWEVER, when they go to enter a meeting that was generated by my Zoom account, they are just a guest and aren't able to begin the meeting or do host things. 

How do I get this to happen? Do they need to be a licensed user?

Thanks!

Xane

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @XaneDaniel 

Just because they are users on your account, does not mean they automatically can be the host of meetings scheduled by your profile. Each user acts independently of one another's meetings. 

You can assign them to be an alternative host for your meetings, but that requires them be a licensed user on your same account. Alt-host would allow them to start your meeting as if they were the host, when you cannot attend the meeting yourself. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

OK great. I do have another question, however -- since I'm using Zoom integration for a schedule-making solution (calendarhero -- sorta like calendly) how could I set meetings to automatically set my user as an alternative host? Is there a setting I can have that all of my users are ALWAYS alternate hosts?

Xane

Bort

There is no way to assign a specific user as alt-host for every meeting, but there is a workaround. 

If you assign the user scheduling privileges for you, they will automatically have alt-host rights for your meetings. They will be able to see all your scheduled meetings and edit them, but they can also filter their view of upcoming meetings to just their meetings. 

XaneDaniel
Newcomer
Newcomer

OK great. I do have another question, however -- since I'm using Zoom integration for a schedule-making solution (calendarhero -- sorta like calendly) how could I set meetings to automatically set my user as an alternative host? Is there a setting I can have that all of my users are ALWAYS alternate hosts?

Xane