cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Screen Sharing Issue: Screen Shrinks and Controls Become Unresponsive Post-Presentation.

andregunawan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello Zoom Community,

I have encountered a persistent issue with Zoom during my screen sharing sessions and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Here are the details:

I am an annual subscriber of Zoom and have access to Zoom-Workplace. During Zoom meetings, when I act as a co-host and share my screen to present a PowerPoint presentation, everything initially works fine. However, once I finish the presentation and stop sharing my screen, the Zoom interface does not return to its normal state. Instead, the screen shrinks (no longer in full screen), and several controls become unresponsive. Specifically, I am unable to click on messages or return the screen to full screen mode or even logout. Despite these issues, I can still communicate with the audience without any problems.

This issue has been occurring for the past few weeks. Previously, everything functioned normally even after stopping screen sharing. I have tried various troubleshooting steps, including:

- Updating Zoom to the latest version
- Restarting Zoom
- Reinstalling Zoom

Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Andre Gunawan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DEANAM
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am experiencing a number of issues with screen and sound sharing. The participant screen shrinks once I share sound and on my last meeting the sound kept dropping completely and my background became virtual even though I had not asked for it set a virtual backdrop.
 I’m not at all happy with the recent changes (switch) to Workplace.  Finding it difficult to navigate and some features are clunky and others completely unreliable. 
bring back the old interface. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DEANAM
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am experiencing a number of issues with screen and sound sharing. The participant screen shrinks once I share sound and on my last meeting the sound kept dropping completely and my background became virtual even though I had not asked for it set a virtual backdrop.
 I’m not at all happy with the recent changes (switch) to Workplace.  Finding it difficult to navigate and some features are clunky and others completely unreliable. 
bring back the old interface. 

I didn't experience any of the things you mentioned. In my case, I once uninstalled and reinstalled zoom again, but it didn't work properly. I just tried doing it again, this time by deleting all Zoom accounts, reinstalling and rebooting my computer again. So far this problem has not appeared again. Hope this really helps.