cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background option Disabled after update

CC25K
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a intel i5-46xx CPU and 16gb of ram. Before the update I had been using virtual backgrounds with no issue. Immediately after the update they were disabled. The article has not been updated with any new requirements if something's changed. 

6 REPLIES 6

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Your processor is too old to run virtual background with video (webcam)

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060007&_ics=1720293196346&irclick...

Video without a green screen

• Zoom desktop client, Global minimum version or higher
  • Windows 7, 8, 10 (64-bit), and 11
  • Supported processors (720p background video)
    • Intel Core i5
      • 2 cores or higher
      • 6th generation (6000) or higher
      • Excludes U series

As stated above, I had been using virtual backgrounds without a green screen for a while before the update with no issue. I have not changed the computer, it's hardware, or anything else. The only change is that zoom has updated now, and suddenly I am unable to use a feature I had been using just the day before.

I have the exact same issue as noted above and I have an i7 processor.  Can anyone help me out?  Zoom is essential for my business and I don't need clients seeing the room and people behind me.

Literally I had to install Prism Lens, which does the exact same thing, on the exact same computer, yet somehow functions. (It's free btw)

RichardT1

Awesome, thank you.  Did you use prism to replace Zoom?  or does it work within Zoom?

Prism is being used simply as a camera handling service which applies the virtual backgrounds in prism and then allows zoom to connect to that instead of directly to your camera. This achieves the exact same result as if soon was performing service that they offer natively, without doing a scan of your hardware to decide whether or not you are eligible for self service.