cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background Support for i7 2nd Generation

taufikbersahaja
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is Zoom planning to expand its minimum requirement for using Virtual Background without Green Screen in next version? (My processor is i7 gen2, currently zoom support i7 gen 3, which is very close :))

It seems, in every update Zoom included more and more old-gen of processors that can support VB (with Image or Video) without Green Screen. If so, I will very grateful for it, hence Google Meet already supports any processor to change the virtual background albeit the quality is different.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @taufikbersahaja 

I am not aware of any changes to the Virtual Background system requirements, but if/when they happen, we will update the support article as needed. 

Thank you very much, is there any Zoom official/team in this Zoom Community Forum? Maybe what I said on this topic is a kind of suggestion for them.

Or maybe is there any technical solution that moves the VB processing from the CPU to GPU instead. Because  I am sure that many people have a PC that has an old Processor but decent Graphic Card, just info, my i7 gen2 2600 is supported with RTX1060 (6GB).

VA
Community Moderator | Employee
Community Moderator | Employee

Hi @taufikbersahaja , thank you so much for your feedback! Our Community Champions are Zoom Employees who are helping out customers within our Zoom Community. All feature requests are managed within our https://zoom.us/feed submission form. I encourage you to submit this idea there, where the information will reach the right product team here at Zoom for review.

Virginia
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?