Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing to monitor 2 is dragging my Gallery over with it

Joycecrtrptg
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi, everyone!

This started happening last week.  When sharing a document to monitor 2, my Gallery from monitor is somehow going along with it and ending up underneath the shared document.  What remains on monitor 1 could be anything from my desktop view, to e-mail, to Windows doc files, etc.  

Not sure what to do.  I've checked settings, reinstalled Zoom.  Please help.

Thank you.
Joyce

1 REPLY 1

aileenfelix
Zoom Employee
Zoom Employee

Hi Joycecrtrptg - based on my experience during screen share, this often occurs due to overlapping windows or applications on the shared screen.

A couple of things I can recommend is to ensure the window you want to share is maximized and free from overlaps. You can dedicate one monitor to the Zoom meeting and the other for the content you want to share.

Here are some of the Zoom Settings you can check:

On the Zoom Desktop App, click on your Profile picture (top right hand corner), click on “Settings”.
Go to the “General” section, ensure “Use Dual Monitors” is checked.
Then, go to the “Share screen” section, look for “Window size when screen sharing” setting, and try to set it to “Maintain current size”, to ensure that Zoom doesn't resize itself to overtake whatever you are sharing on another monitor.

Another option is instead of sharing Screen A (Monitor A) or Screen B (Monitor B), try sharing the application itself, in your case the Document itself.  

If issue persists, I recommend that you create a tech support case through this link, so one of our tech engineers can check this for you and provide assistance.

Thank you