cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Screen available on one account but not another

dklfwr
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having issues with sharing my screen in a meeting. MacOS, Zoom client.

After troubleshooting to no avail, I created a new zoom account. I switched from my main account to the new account - same MacOS Zoom client. I joined a meeting and Share Screen works! I wish to get my main zoom account to be able so Share Screen (when I join another meeting).  

Why does it work under one account but not the other?

Is there some setting I need to adjust in my main account?  I have looked at the MacOS Zoom client settings as well as the web account settings - but I'm missing something.  Help please.

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

You need to log into the Zoom Web Portal (https://zoom.us) using your new account credentials and select the settings that you desire, such as enabling (or, not disabling) screen sharing.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Jim2023
Newcomer
Newcomer

Working with dklfwr, we opened the web portal settings for the old account and an incognito/private window for the new account.  We went through settings, side by side, for each account.

It seems Zoom has differences in features available between the old and new accounts. The settings did not match up 100%

We found no specific "Enable Screen Share" function but rather some settings that "might be related" and toggled them on the old account. The old account is able to Screen Share / the button is available when in a meeting as a participant (not the host).

Issue resolved.