cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Screen starts to flicker when screen sharing

Anthony-Pillow
Newcomer
Newcomer

I got a 4070 Ti recently and after I got the new card, whenever I screen share or have someone else screen share, my second monitor starts to flicker to black for a couple of seconds, come back online, then go back to black. If I don't have any windows open on the second screen it stops flickering. Sometimes the problem also persists after I restart my computer and I have to change my resolution in my Nvidia settings to native (1920x1080) and I have to change the refresh rate from 144hz to 120hz. I have no idea what is happening, but it happened again as I was writing this post, and it ruins my whole second monitor.

3 REPLIES 3

willjoe2442
Explorer
Explorer

Check if the microphone, speakers, or headphones are plugged in and not muted. Unplug the device, then plug it back in. If it's a bluetooth device, ensure that it is turned on and connected properly. Make sure that you are using a supported USB device for Zoom.

Regards,

Will

Headphones work fine. I have powered off and on the monitor and unplugged the display port cable to no avail. It is not a USB device or bluetooth. It feels like you did not read what I wrote at all.

Steven_King
Newcomer
Newcomer

I can verify this fix does work. I have a 2070 Ti and was running at 144hz. Lowering down to 120hz fixes the constant flickering issue.