cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black on Android phone app when proximity sensor approached

gmachen
Newcomer
Newcomer

(I have no idea which "Location" to post this because, unfathomably, none of the categories clearly indicate tech support for a problem with the Zoom app!)

This started suddenly with some Zoom update some months ago, and I can't believe people haven't been screaming bloody murder about it, and that Zoom has let it go on for so long!... Zoom conferences have always been treated as a phone call instead of straight multimedia audio, perhaps for Bluetooth reasons or something — I don't know, and the proximity sensor is supposed to blank the screen during a phone call when the phone is placed against one's ear, but for years the Zoom app always properly overrode that. But now whenever we move our hand across the top of the screen, it goes blank, and we can't see or adjust our controls. Grrrr!... How is it possible that an update hasn't promptly been deployed to restore the long-standing disregard of the the proximity sensor?

1 REPLY 1

SamTL
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have this exact same problem. I tried the workaround of disabling the proximity sensors in developer mode on Android, but that also disables the mic, so it's not actually a solution.