cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Downloaded Meeting Recordings no longer playing on QuickTime

cfparise
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have been using Zoom for almost four years and have been an administrator for nearly 3 of those. I am always learning new things though. Now, I cannot view downloaded recently recorded meeting with QuickTime. Has there been a change and, if so, what CAN be used to view downloaded recordings on a Mac? The response I get is that the recording is not compatible with QuickTime.

6 REPLIES 6

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

Is the file still being downloaded as an mp4 file?  This should be playable within quicktime.

No...it only shows the QuickTime symbol and I get this message. 

cfparise_0-1641840145837.png

Arps

Hello!

I'm sorry it's giving you trouble.  It seems to be the Quicktime doesn't support all mp4 files.  An alternative would be to use a different media player.  Check out this article: https://www.softwarert.com/quicktime-player-cant-open-play-mp4-mac-vlc/

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks!  Rick

WRD
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having this same issue with a recording from a year and a half ago. Same error message. VLC player does not fix the issue. 

Did something change with the latest updates for Zoom to cause this problem? 

What other solutions might I try? 

mkr
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm also having this issue. Not sure what to do. Quicktime and VLC both fail. When the file is loaded in VLC it shows up as 00:00 duration.

mbaker1085
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having this same issue. I tried both Quicktime and VLC. Quicktime shows me the same error (will not play) and VLC shows the videos with a duration of 0:00 and will not play them. I have watched these same video files previously in Quicktime. All the files are hosted locally on my PC. 

Can anyone offer any potential solutions? I have dozens of hours of training videos that I can no longer access.