Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOTE CONTROL ACCESS OPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE

serviceproper
Newcomer
Newcomer

HELP!!

There is no longer the option for me to give my meeting attendees remote control access. I have checked all my account settings to make sure that I have allowed for this function, but during my meeting, there is no button/option that comes up to give remote control access.

I have an updated desktop zoom app, I only login on the desktop app version, I'm on a pc, the participant is on pc. Neither for them nor for me do we have the option to use remote access. 

I've troubleshooted everything, watched multiple videos, read multiple posts, and still nothing is working. Everything that should be on is on in my account for remote access. 

Does anyone have any advice? Can Zoom support actually help out with this obvious error that's affecting others?? I'm about to start using a different meeting platform!

14 REPLIES 14

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

The function is not gone. However, you may have difficulty in locating it if you do not see the BUTTON. So, try more > support > Request desktop control. Also, try setting Zoom to full screen or to maximize to see if the button does appear. If the button does appear it will say "Support".

DanHuber
Participant
Participant

You said that you checked your account settings and that remote support is turned on. in your example of it not working were you the host of the meeting? if the other person was the host then setting would be on their account settings. Also just to be sure you logged into zoom.us with your account credentials  under account settings--> meeting-->in meeting(advanced) --> remote support

bwallen34
Newcomer
Newcomer

Also if you are on latest software and they are not, that could be an issue, mainly a guess, no experience here.

twoolfolk
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am having the same issue.  @Service popper was your issue ever resolved?

Dallas1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem.

sarasovie
Newcomer
Newcomer

Having the same issue - has anyone found a solution? @serviceproper @Dallas1 @twoolfolk 

kko12345
Newcomer
Newcomer

same issue here

kgoodhart
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same issue, remote request isn't anywhere since we pushed to zoom workplace. I have webinar access and missing a lot of option that were there before.

it might be hidden under the More icon. that's where mine is now. with workplace update you can now move that icon anywhere on the button bar. click and drag. It is called support, and when you click on it you see request desktop control or request application control. 

DanHuber_0-1717779701333.png

I don't have that. I updated my Zoom to make sure everything was current too. I have the "More" tab but "Support" is not an option that pops up. 

Nope that isn't there

MGSR

Hello @serviceproper

Did you see the response from @DanHuber?
If it has resolved your inquiry, please press the Accept as Solution.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Have a great day!

I seen it and that option isn't available.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Remote support first needs to be permitted at the global level of the account. Only an account admin or owner can do this.

To enable remote support sessions for all users of in the account globally:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Verify that Remote support is enabled.
  5. If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. In the Enable "Remote support"pop-up windows, click Enable
  6. (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

To enable it for your own personal account do the following:

To enable remote support sessions for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Verify that Remote Support is enabled.
  5. If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. In the Enable "Remote support"pop-up windows, click Enable.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!