cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Participants name display

ERaj
Newcomer
Newcomer

For a number of months now, no matter who signs into our meetings, all participants who use Zoom come in under the same name. How can this be prevented in favor of having attendees come in under their own names or IDs?

2 REPLIES 2

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

hello @ERaj and thank you for your post here in the Zoom Community! I believe we can help. When people join your Zoom meeting, if you are allowing guests to join (people not signed into Zoom) they have the option to put in a name when joining. It seems odd that everyone would put in the same name though, so I am wondering if maybe you required registration for your meeting and then received the meeting link, and that link has somehow been shared with others?

If this is the case, you can create meetings and webinars that require registration but only allow the link to be used one time. I am not sure if you are using registration but if so I can provide more information about how to limit the link to one person's use. 

For Zoom Meetings, you have many different settings for the way you want to handle things. There is a setting which will require people to be authenticated with a Zoom account when they join your meetings and if you enable this setting, you can specify that people have to be signed into Zoom with some type of account before they can join. It could be a paid account, a free account, it really doesn't matter but the idea is you ensure that people have a valid Zoom account and then their name will show up in the meetings.

You can get even more granular with this setting and specify things like

- only people in your Zoom tenant can join your meetings

- only people with email addresses from certain domains, etc.  can join your meetings

- a combination of these settings. 

If you would like to enable this settings, sign into the Zoom portal, click on "Account Management" and then "Account Settings."

jeremyjustin_1-1641509572520.jpeg

Scroll down until you see this setting and enable it. Notice the "Only My Account can join (Default) setting and the "Edit" button to the side

jeremyjustin_2-1641509718933.jpeg

If you want, you can click "Edit" and make a change to that setting. 

jeremyjustin_3-1641509886940.jpeg

This particular setting will allow anyone to join meetings if they have a Zoom account, but it will not let guests join. And you can edit the bottom field to say whatever you like. 

A little more detail is here in our support article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060549492-Allowing-only-authenticated-users-in-meetings

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

LR55
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello! I am having a similar issue as above. As an organization, we run webinars for appox 200 people. We have a zoom meetings account, and have participants fill out a registration form, after which they are given a link to join the zoom on the day of. As the facilitator, I log in to zoom using my organizations zoom account. My name is not registered or given anywhere in the zoom account details, (and the participant name I use is my organization's name). However, anywhere from 5-10 people having been signing in and being assigned my name as a participant. I have no idea what is going on or how this is happening. The other weird thing is that they don't seem able to change their name... (I don't have confirmed evidence of this, but most of our users are tech savvy and would likely want to change their names if they appeared incorrect). Any advice on this would be helpful! As an organization, we don't want to have participants have to sign into their zoom account to join the webinar, as was suggested above.