cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Calendar / Zoom New Event Bug

dledledle
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm having a weird bug that I'm trying to solve. For context, my zoom is integrated with my outlook mail/calendar. I also have it on the setting where it was automatically generate a zoom meeting link when I create new events.

From outlook calendar, I hit "NEW EVENT" to start to draft up a new meeting invite. As soon as I add a guest, like within seconds of adding a team member's email into the invitees section of the form, a zoom meeting is created and shows up in my zoom calendar as a new event that's happening in 5 minutes. I haven't even had a chance to put in the correct day and time yet or actually send out the meeting invite.

So I am constantly having to delete zoom meetings from the zoom app homepage "upcoming meetings" area because it's filling up with meetings with incorrect times that are just drafts. 

I hope this makes sense? Basically, every time I open a new event, before I can actually create it, a zoom meeting is created automatically and shows incorrect times/dates and is always starting in 5 minutes from when I even just OPENED a draft calendar invite. 

Anyone know what could be happening?

12 REPLIES 12

NUE
Newcomer
Newcomer

having the EXACT same issue. If you come across any other posts with a solution please let me know. Also are you on a macbook? Every user that has the same issue at my company is on a mac.

Mary73
Explorer
Explorer

This is likely due to a bug in the integration logic. You have a few options. You could update the meetings in both places each time and remove the redundant meetings. There is also a Zoom marketplace app, Salepager, built for scheduling Zoom meetings that integrate with both Outlook and Zoom correctly. 

MGSR
Community Moderator | Employee

Hello there!

I'm sorry for the late response. We have released a new version 6.1.1 kindly update your app and would also advise using the Outlook Add-in, it allows you to manage scheduling within the Outlook web and desktop apps.

The add-in can be deployed and configured by Outlook admins and, once installed by users, it allows you to 
add a Zoom meeting to a new or existing Outlook calendar event

Have a great day!

Mark
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi this issue still occurs on 6.1.1 and it is occuring via the outlook add in, just drafting up an outlook meeting and adding a zoom via the add in adds a zoom meeting to my zoom calendar automatically. Prior to me saving anything and even if I discard the draft. This happens to everyone on a mac within our company.  

MGSR

Thank you for letting us know, @NUE.

Our engineers are actively addressing the issue. At this time, we don't have an estimated timeframe for the resolution, but please be assured that resolving this is currently their top priority. We will provide updates as soon as they become available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

MGSR

Hello everyone,

We just received an update from our engineering team.

The issue has been pinpointed and will be resolved in the release scheduled for 7/22.

We greatly appreciate your patience with this. 

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Hi Mark, just following up. Are there any updates confirmed for this specific issue?
I reviewed the update logs and it doesn't appear that this was addressed.

Hi there.

I am having a bug related to this thread now. I am on Zoom version 6.1.6 on my MacBookPro, and for the last few weeks any new meetings created with my Outlook integration are "sticking" in Zoom at whatever meeting time I was exploring initially for meetings with my colleagues. Meeting notices are happening all over the place at weird times as a result. This recurring problem is causing us to ditch Zoom and use alternatives like Slack huddle (in several cases) or Teams (one case). We've also had "expired links" and had to create new Zoom links in the moment.  Not sure what is going on but all my attempts at resetting time zones, restarting machine, updating SSO password, re-connecting the integration, and other things are not fixing this problem. Not sure if it is Microsoft ambush but it is making meetings on Zoom very hard to accomplish. Any further tips on how to fix are appreciated.

MGSR

Hello @juner and @NUE ,

I'm sorry for the late response. As per our engineering team, the bug is fixed in Outlook Plugin 6.1.0.1043.

Kindly update your plugin and let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Just to clarify is this the same as Zoom for Outlook Extension on Mac?  It's from Zoom Video Communications and shows the latest Version: 2.10.0.0

MGSR

I'm sorry for the confusion. The new plugin does not support the pre-schedule and is on the task to have it supported in the future. However, I got confirmation that the latest add-in for Outlook should have fixed the issue. Kindly update your add-in and let me know if you need further assistance.

Mark
Zoom Community Team

Just popped in to share that in my situation it may have been an expired oauth in Outlook 365 calendar integration for Zoom. It seems to be working for me now. This note might help others.