Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Teams Room cannot join Zoom meeting due to end to end encryption

mtrzoom1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi All,

In our enterprise environment we are seeing some Zoom meetings are unable to be joined due to end to end encryption being setup when creating the meeting via Zoom. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mtrzoom1 

When end to end encryption is enabled, functions that require communication data to be encoded by the server, such as cloud recording, will not be available.
Therefore, we have never experienced such a case in our account, as we enable ETEE only when necessary.

Since the server acts like an interpreter for the interconnection with Teams, I suspect that ETEE, which does not allow the server to decode the communication data of the meeting, will not allow the connection.

End-to-end (E2EE) encryption for meetings – Zoom Support

Please mark this post Accepted if it helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ohkawa

Hi, @mtrzoom1 

When end to end encryption is enabled, functions that require communication data to be encoded by the server, such as cloud recording, will not be available.
Therefore, we have never experienced such a case in our account, as we enable ETEE only when necessary.

Since the server acts like an interpreter for the interconnection with Teams, I suspect that ETEE, which does not allow the server to decode the communication data of the meeting, will not allow the connection.

End-to-end (E2EE) encryption for meetings – Zoom Support

Please mark this post Accepted if it helped you !

mtrzoom1
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you for that information ohkawa,

After doing some additional research on the MS Teams room Zoom integration. I see the MS Teams room software uses the Zoom web client which is not currently capable of end-to-end encryption.