cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join before host

deglin
Newcomer
Newcomer

In my Zoom profile, I have the allow participants to join before host engaged.  I want to limit this to joining only 10 minutes before host.  I select this option.  When I am scheduling the meeting from Outlook, and I say allow participants to join 10 minutes before start time, no one can join the meeting.  It says they are waiting on the host.  What is the difference?  And how do I get this to work the way I need it to which is to allow participants to join regardless of whether the host is on or not?  It is unfortunate, but people just don't pay attention and end up joining the wrong meeting days or hours in advance which is a huge problem since you can only have 1 zoom meeting going.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Employee
Community Champion | Employee

Hi @deglin 

It shouldn't matter where you are scheduling the meeting, that setting should work the same. Please try scheduling a meeting via Outlook, then check for that meeting in your list of upcoming meetings in the web portal to see if the settings there are reflecting as you scheduled them. If you are using the Outlook plugin, you might check to see if there are any updates available (the Outlook add-in will update itself through the web, but the plugin has to be done manually).