cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink in waiting room?

IRefuse2Fail
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, We have everyone go to waiting room prior to admission. Currently we place a "contact form" link in the main room chat for the attendees to fill out and receive a list of all attendees connection info. 

The issue: as people arrive in the mail room after the chat link is provided to "everyone" they do not see that chat. I have to re-enter the chat as people arrive in the main room. 

Suggestion: It would be great if we could place a text message with a live link in the waiting room for all to see while waiting. This would save a lot of our meeting time!  

Question: Is it currently possible to place a live hyperlink in the waiting room to direct attendees to fill out the form? 

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

The waiting room does not allow any HTML. There are other options.

1. Send a hyperlink via chat to those in the waiting room. Requires turning this feature on in the web portal. This is best done once all know participants are present.

2. Use team chat to send a message with a hyperlink.

3. Require participants to register. You can taylor the registration form to include needed fields.

4. Send the hyperlink with the meeting invitation.

IRefuse2Fail
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for your reply! here is why your suggestions will not work well for my situation

1. Send a hyperlink via chat to those in the waiting room. Requires turning this feature on in the web portal. This is best done once all know participants are present. 

(a) I have been doing this but unfortuantely there are always late people and I end up submitting several times. I was hoping maybe Zoom would allow a hyperlink in WR setup.

2. Use team chat to send a message with a hyperlink. 

3. Require participants to register. You can taylor the registration form to include needed fields.

(a) I believe I can only do this if using random login not the same every week which we need to have

4. Send the hyperlink with the meeting invitation. 

(a) most new people actually do not attend as intended and will use just to get their contact info on our form. 

Thank you for your suggestions but as i stated the easiest remedy would be if Zoom allowed a hyperlink in the waiting room or if the waiting room chat to everyone was sticky so all woruld see wne entering.