cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know participant change their name

Rud_Shtg
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a problem in webinar/meeting zoom, there is one of participants change profile name same with me, and then send chat with bad words to everyone, and now i must prove that chat is not me who's deliver, please let me know if anyone have asnwer for my problem. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Rud_Shtg 

It sounds like your personal join link may have been shared with someone.

If your Meeting requires registration, each person's join link is unique to them - and when they use it, their name in the Meeting is generated from their registration.

Your join link is unique to you - so maybe it was shared with someone else who used it? That would appear to the Meeting that there were two of you - until the other person renamed themselves.

Personal join links should not be shared.

Rupert

Hi Rupert,

Thanks you for your reaponse.

The Webinar/meeting I joined, dont need registration, that event its from my son's school and the participants is all student, teacher and parents.

In middle of webinar/meeting , I surprised when my son's teacher, send me a message to my Whattsapp asking why I send chat in the webinar/meeting with bad words, even its not me send the chat, there is someone has rename his/her name same with my profile name.

So my asking is...how can I prove that is wasn"t me...but there is someone trying to make my name bad, this case make me shame and my son.

Please your advise. Thanks.

Rupert

Hi @Rud_Shtg 

This sounds like a case of Zoom-bombing. Schools should be well-versed in protecting against this by now - but obviously not in this case.

Since you were obviously in a Meeting (or actually a Webinar) that allowed people to rename themselves (this can be disabled - but obviously wasn't in this case) and since it was someone else's Meeting, not yours, I do not think you have anything to prove.

I would place the burden of proof onto the school and ask them how THEY can prove it WAS you. Along with such proof should be the details of the security measures set in the Meeting.  Since there seemed to be no security. I would say you have complete deniability.

I would ask the school how thoroughly they have looked at the Attendance report  for the Webinar to investigate the matter.

I would say to the school that to accuse you without thorough evidence, and proper investigation, is defamatory - for which they should be very careful. They may owe you an apology.

I'd also ask specifically what steps they are taking to better secure their meetings to protect their students, teachers and parents.

Just my personal opinions.

I hope this gets resolved for you.

Rupert