cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host disconnecting from webinar

GF2023
Newcomer
Newcomer

We ran a zoom webinar for 200 delegates.

The panellist shared their screen and we have 78 questions in the chat function.

The webinar became very unstable and the host (me) kept getting kicked out.

What would be the reason and how can I prevent this from happening again?

2 REPLIES 2

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Since no connection information was provided. Most likely an unstable connection is due to using WiFi instead of ethernet to connect a PC.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @GF2023.

The answer from @storyhub is basically what I'd answer.  Whenever possible, use a direct-wired connection to your router/network when hosting, since WiFi issues are always the first culprit.  Also, note that you can bring up the Zoom Settings window and get some information from the Statistics tab.

I also suggest designating someone as Co-Host, either a trusted panelist or another associate logged in from a different computer network (easy if most people work remotely; not so easy if everyone works on site in the same building).  This way if there's a significant enough network interruption, your attendees and panelists might not even notice.  The Co-Host would become the Host, and if/when you were able to rejoin, you'd be prompted asking if you'd like to reclaim the Host role or stay a Co-Host.

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !