cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi? Why does my voice to text on my new smartphone not work after I leave zoom meetings?

lbs5
Newcomer
Newcomer

How can I fix this without having to restart the phone everytime I log out of zoom meeting, which is multiple times per day?

New phone is a Galaxy S24. Didn't have same problem with previous phone. Galaxy s8.

Thanks for any ideas. 

2 REPLIES 2

lbs5
Newcomer
Newcomer

Sorry - the problem didn't show up.

After every zoom call, the voice to text function on my phone will not work (the voice cannot be used while in zoom, but AFTER?)  EVEN after I log out of zoom meeting.  How can I get this to stop other than having to RESTART cell phone each time for voice to text to work again.  I can't type on my phone so this is quite annoying.

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Since you did not state what is actually showing on the phone after the Zoom call I can only venture some guesses. But most likely it is settings on the phone not Zoom that is the issue.

Did you do special setup settings in the phone's settings for voice to text or just accept the default settings?

(the following comes from the S24 manual)

If you can’t find the voice input microphone on your keyboard, the steps below might help.

1. Go to the Settings section and tap General Management.
  2. Select the Samsung keyboard settings.
  3. Toggle on the Keyboard toolbar.