cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Workspace Change - Can't Connect Calendar

seekersharer
Explorer
Explorer

We just went through a Google Workspace transition.

For the sake of simplicity, here are the details. 
CompanyA_dot_com was primary workspace, and my employee logged into it using name_At_companyA_dot_com  - with Zoom to connect to her Google calendar.  

CompanyB_dot_com was a google alias domain in the primary workspace, but employee used name_At_companyB_dot_com as the login to Zoom. (not using Google SSO etc) 

I only use name_At_companyA_dot_com for all activities and don't try to connect my Google calendar in Zoom. 

Yesterday, our company split those 2 domains into two separate Workspaces. CompanyA_dot_com went to a new workspace, with me in that move. 

My employee went stayed in the original Workspace account, where CompanyB_dot_com become primary domain. 
She can only connect to Google now through name_At_companyB_dot_com

At issue is this morning, when trying to log in to to reconnect her Google Calendar to Zoom, it does NOT connect, and the little error message pops up that says 

"Add failed, the calendar-related access permissions are not allowed" 

I'm kinda stumped as 2 days ago it worked. Now it doesn't. 

Is this a Google thing or a Zoom thing?  Any thoughts on what I can do? 

I did go into Zoom /account/setting then into Integrations , Calendar and contacts integration, enabled it for Google but she still can't log in. 

Any ideas what we should do? 

Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

seekersharer
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks @colegs. Really appreciate the input.  But were not even sure how to do what you say.
She's tried, but can't find where to remove the integration, nor does Zoom have any articles on the subject. The chatbot can't even find anything.

There is also no Zoom integration in her Google Third-Party Apps & Services, but we're not sure where else to go from there.

To clarify, she signs into Zoom, using her username and password. In Google Workspace security setting for this user, there is no Zoom connection. So nothing that is existing. She's tried on incognito browsers. We've cleared cookies. 

Given I made no changes to the Zoom account, before or after, once this showed up I went into Zoom setting and added Mail & Calendar integrations (which were not on beforehand) but are now. Still nothing works. 

Any other options we should be considering? Any other potential cures? 

BTW, it is not an issue for me to connect but i was NOT connected before the migration and Workspace split.  

Really appreciate any insight. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

colegs
Community Champion | Employee

@seekersharer - Google should be very straight forward in that it validates the credentials as you enter them.  Since you split the domains, you might have her try to remove the integration in her profile (not at the account level, but her local integration) and re-enter it in case the integration cached the Google domain that it is validating against.  She should also verify she can sign directly into Google using the CompanyB.com email address to verify the password is correct. 

I am the employee @seekersharer is referring to. Here are answers to your questions as well as other information that may help:

• There are no local integrations
  • Zoom is not in the list of third-party apps in Google
  • I am able to sign directly into Google using name_At_companyB_dot_com
  • The Zoom account owner has added the companyB_dot_com domain to the list  of "specific domains [that] can integrate calendar and contacts services"
  • Despite all of this, when attempting to Configure Calendar and Contacts Services with my name_At_CompanyB_dot_com email address, I still get the error, "Unable to connect to this service because your account does not match the domains specified by your admins: companyA_dot_com and companyB_dot_net." How can that be, when I can see that the domains match?

colegs

@jgwv - The integration is configured at the bottom of your profile in the Zoom web dashboard.  It is not a Google app, just a native Zoom integration.  

colegs_0-1722022694095.png

I am hoping that clearing this and resetting it will clear any possible caching issues with the calendar.  I am assuming you have also verified you can sign into the Google calendar directly using your companyB_dot_net credentials.  

Thank you, yes. I checked that, and it seems to be all set up for me to "Configure Calendar and Contacts Service." Here is what the section you are referring to looks like:

-----------

Others

Calendar and Contacts Integration

We support the following services: Google Calendar, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft Office 365
If you want to add your contacts by importing a CSV file, go to Personal Contacts.
Configure Calendar and Contacts Service
The following domains are allowed to connect to calendar and contact:
companyA_dot_com companyB_dot_net
----------
But when I click the Configure Calendar and Contacts Service button and follow the prompts to connect name_at_companyB_dot_net, that's when I get the error, "Unable to connect to this service because your account does not match the domains specified by your admins: companyA_dot_com and companyB_dot_net." How can that be, when it lists the domains right there on the same screen where the error pops up?

colegs

That is definitely not normal.  Is it possible for @seekersharer to turn off the requirement to use a specific domain to see if that gets you past this error (even if they turn it back on after you hopefully connect)?  If not, or if this error persists, then I think you need to open a support ticket so someone can dive in deeper with your specific account to see why it is not letting you connect when it is showing your domain is valid.

seekersharer
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks @colegs. Really appreciate the input.  But were not even sure how to do what you say.
She's tried, but can't find where to remove the integration, nor does Zoom have any articles on the subject. The chatbot can't even find anything.

There is also no Zoom integration in her Google Third-Party Apps & Services, but we're not sure where else to go from there.

To clarify, she signs into Zoom, using her username and password. In Google Workspace security setting for this user, there is no Zoom connection. So nothing that is existing. She's tried on incognito browsers. We've cleared cookies. 

Given I made no changes to the Zoom account, before or after, once this showed up I went into Zoom setting and added Mail & Calendar integrations (which were not on beforehand) but are now. Still nothing works. 

Any other options we should be considering? Any other potential cures? 

BTW, it is not an issue for me to connect but i was NOT connected before the migration and Workspace split.  

Really appreciate any insight. Thanks. 

seekersharer
Explorer
Explorer

@colegs For some crazy reason, that did the trick. Thank you. 

Really appreciate the input.