cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feature request] Audible message "Yes, we can see your screen"

agornostal
Newcomer
Newcomer

"Can you see my screen?" -- I hear this question multiple times per day. It's becoming annoying. Perhaps because 100% of the time, the answer is Yes.

Can we have an automatic voice message that says, "We can now see your screen, <username>!" when someone starts a screen share, and it's not a blank screen, please?

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @agornostal.

Interesting idea. What if you sent a Chat message to your presenter (type it in while they’re struggling to get Screen Share started!) and when their share shows up, hit Enter to send the chat. 

Many people don’t know about the mini-window to confirm screen sharing.

Ray_Harwood_0-1701963898302.png

See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0060596

Ray - Need Zoom Events/Sessions Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ah, so Zoom is actually telling the user the screen is being shared. Thanks for bringing my attention to that!

Evidently, people ignore that pop-up preview.

What I'm proposing is different and I think more helpful than the preview.

@agornostal I love the idea; would you mind submitting it as feedback? If you don't mind, please look into the Knowledge Base article onSending feedback to Zoom and submitting this as we want to innovate and improve everyones experiences within Zoom - thank you!

Second, if @Ray_Harwood answered your question in any way, please don't forget to click the 'accept as solution' button under their response!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello @RN I was just going to send a feature request on another matter and discovered that the old site zoom.us/feed is gone.  Am I correct that the only way I can can send a feature request is to enable end-of-meeting feedback surveys for my entire account?  Granted I felt the old zoom.us/feed site was a black hole for my thoughts, but it didn't require any settings on my site. 

You should, as others have suggested, have a public site where feature requests can be seen and voted up or down. 

Hi @BethFell correct, zoom.us/feed is no longer the route to send product feedback.

However, giving feedback to Zoom is still possible! From the Knowledge base on Sending feedback to Zoom you will have to send your feedback within the Zoom desktop client. To do so, you will need to ensure you enable Feedback to Zoom feature.

Once enabled, from the Zoom desktop client, you will have the option to 'Give Feedback' after clicking on your profile in the upper-right hand corner. See screenshot for location 🙂

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.54.42 PM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks for confirming.  It's a pity Zoom feels it necessary to connect useful, written feedback with the insipid "how was your meeting" survey.